4-day Masai Mara adventure from Nairobi
- Narok town
- Great Rift Valley
- Explore Masai Mara Nature Reserve
- Outstanding concentration of wild animals
- Meet with lions, cheetahs, elephants, kongonis, topis, and more
All about the trip
Upon arrival at JKIA Airport, you will be met by our staff and transferred to Tamarind Tree Hotel for overnight.
After breakfast, we shall pick you from your hotel and depart by 8:00 for Masai Mara, driving southwest to what has been aptly dubbed as the “ultimate game viewing destination in the world,” home to the largest wildebeest migration across two countries. Descend into the Great Rift Valley where we make our first stop to view the magnificent view below as we take photos.
Afterward, continue with our journey passing maize and wheat plantations along the way as we make our second stop at Narok town (major Masai Administrative Center) proceed further south as we arrive at Mara Sopa lodge for lunch. At 16:00, go for an evening game drive in this pristine, unequaled “big game country.” Dinner and overnight at Mara Sopa lodge. Distance from Nairobi to Masai Mara is approx. 250 km.
After breakfast, this will be a day of game viewing where you will carry packed lunch. Blessed with an outstanding concentration of animals and panoramic views of across the plains and dotted woodlands, the Masai Mara provides an experience unsurpassed. As the northern extension of the great Serengeti grassland, the reserve is host to the annual migration of over a million wildebeest the most awesome wildlife spectacle on planet earth. The Mara covers an area of about 1 500 square kilometers in the southwestern corner of Kenya, is not fenced and bordered on the west by the Olooloo escarpment and in the east by the Ngama Hills. The common language of the Masai is Maa in which the word Mara means spotted – referring to the clusters of the bush which dot the plains. In addition to the wildebeest and hordes of zebra which joins them in their annual pilgrimage for pastures, the Masai Mara supports the lion, cheetah, elephant, kongoni, topi, Thomson’s gazelle and the Defassa waterbuck, as well as eight species of primate. Picnic lunch will be at the hippo pool where with luck you may spot hippos and crocs basking in the sun.
Maasai Mara – Nairobi, Early morning game viewing runs at 6:30, return for breakfast by 8:30. Thereafter prepare to depart Mara for our journey to Nairobi. There will be a complimentary lunch at the Carnivore Restaurant. Then get transferred to the airport after a memorable safari. Distance from Maasai Mara to Nairobi is approx. 250 km.
What is included in the price
- Accommodation and meals as stipulated in the itinerary
- Transportation in a chauffeur-driven 7-seater van with pop-up roof for easy game viewing and photography
- Services of English speaking driver-guide
- Game viewing drives and parks entrance fees as indicated in the itinerary
- All government taxes and levies
- Free mineral water during game drives only
- All meet and greet services
- All arrival and departure transfers
- 24 hours standby contact number
- Guaranteed window seat in the vehicle (unless specified by agent)
- Two-way long-range high-frequency radio communication in each vehicle
- On safari accessories in the vehicle: first-aid kit, wildlife books, beanbags for easy photography, and a pair of binoculars, cool box, and fire extinguisher
What is not included in the price
- Visas fees and travel insurance.
- All items of personal nature e.g. telephone call bills, fax/email bills, etc.
- Extra activities (hot air balloon safari: 620 USD per person)
- Tips and gratuities to hotel, lodges, camp staff and driver-guide(s)
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks
- Any local or international flight and departure taxes
- Laundry services
- Any other item not included in our itinerary
This activity is organised by Neza Safaris, +250 780 507 253, firstname.lastname@example.org.
We can guarantee you that this agency was checked by our experts. Your money will be safe then. We sell all activities for the same price as the organising agency.
Do you have a question or need more information about the activity?
You can reach our European office between 9am and 5pm CET on weekdays and between 11am and 5pm on weekends and holidays.
You might also like
3 days budget safari from Nairobi to Masai Mara
3 days budget safari from Kisumu to Masai Mara
4 days safari from Nairobi to Maasai Mara and Lake Nakuru
4 days safari from Kisumu to Maasai Mara and Lake Nakuru
From our partners
Private guide in your phone
Just walk, listen and discover more with free self-guided audio-tours to must-see places and hidden gems in 300 destinations.
Book cheap flights, trains, buses
Kiwi.com basically helps you figure out where you can fly within your budget. Making travel better.
25% discount on Premium Partnership
Create your own travel diary. Add your best photos, all spotlights, dates, and milestones. Mark your friends and share it with the whole world.
Private door-to-door transfers
The most convenient way to travel between cities. Enjoy door-to-door service with an English-speaking driver and sightseeing stops on the way.
10 people are watching this activity
Pick your dates and book it now!