Crossborder biking: sport, nature, geology and history on Bulgaria’s Rusenski Lom River
1 x 130 €
- Biking through a natural reservation and along the river and lakes while at the same time observing the flora, the birds, the shells that still stay in the rocks since pre-history times
- Visiting the beautiful Orthodox monastery of Saint Demeter, located right at the entrance in the gorges, with its monk’s cellars sculpted directly into the soft rock
- Visiting the medieval citadel of Cherven
- Not least, experiencing two countries in one day.
All about the trip
One of the best ways for a special day outdoors is to go for a mountain biking day. You can do it in any season provided there is no bad weather, even on snow. This is actually a most intriguing tour because we start in Romania but aim to bike in Bulgaria, just across the border, merely 70 km from Bucharest, in wonderful gorges sculpted by Rusenski Lom muddy river. Do not worry, if do not have your own bike we can rent it for you - just let us know about it. This will be an easy ride but do not mistake us because we are not organizing walks in the parks. We want you to be tired at the end of the day, to still feel the saddle when you will throw yourself into bed late evening and especially we want you to enjoy it so much so as to include a mountain bike on your shopping list if you did not buy it already.
What is (and what is not) included in the price
- Transport from and to Bucharest by car, including the bikes
- Customs fees and vignette for Bulgaria
- Bike maintenance kit (extra tube in case of defects, repairing kit, etc.)
If you are a beginner we will learn you the basics of mountain biking and let you have the fun of it. Of course, you still need to know in advance how to ride a bike.
This activity is organised by Alpine Adventure Romania, Drumul Gura Putnei nr. 19/Sector 3, Bucharest, 032603, Romania, +40 721 228 685, firstname.lastname@example.org.
We can guarantee you that this agency was checked by our experts. Your money will be safe then. We sell all activities for the same price as the organising agency.
4 people are watching this activity
Pick your dates and book it now!