Crossborder biking: sport, nature, geology and history on Bulgaria’s Rusenski Lom River
- Biking through a natural reservation and along the river and lakes while at the same time observing the flora, the birds, the shells that still stay in the rocks since pre-history times
- Visiting the beautiful Orthodox monastery of Saint Demeter, located right at the entrance in the gorges, with its monk’s cellars sculpted directly into the soft rock
- Visiting the medieval citadel of Cherven
- Not least, experiencing two countries in one day.
All about the trip
One of the best ways for a special day outdoors is to go for a mountain biking day. You can do it in any season provided there is no bad weather, even on snow. This is actually a most intriguing tour because we start in Romania but aim to bike in Bulgaria, just across the border, merely 70 km from Bucharest, in wonderful gorges sculpted by Rusenski Lom muddy river. Do not worry, if do not have your own bike we can rent it for you - just let us know about it. This will be an easy ride but do not mistake us because we are not organizing walks in the parks. We want you to be tired at the end of the day, to still feel the saddle when you will throw yourself into bed late evening and especially we want you to enjoy it so much so as to include a mountain bike on your shopping list if you did not buy it already.
What is (and what is not) included in the price
- Transport from and to Bucharest by car, including the bikes
- Customs fees and vignette for Bulgaria
- Bike maintenance kit (extra tube in case of defects, repairing kit, etc.)
If you are a beginner we will learn you the basics of mountain biking and let you have the fun of it. Of course, you still need to know in advance how to ride a bike.
We are the guarantor of your experience
We hand-pick experiences for you and constantly check their quality.
We guarantee the same price as the organising agency with no hidden fees.
Our cancellation terms are fair – we tell you about things just as they are.
All our prices are the same as from providing agencies. With the benefit of extra care, easier payment and cancellation policy.
You Might Also Like
World Wars 1 and 2 in Romania
Enjoy a day trip along the old border between Romania (Wallachia & Moldavia) and The Austrian-Hungarian Empire. Our expert tour guide will give you a full explanation about Romanian's contribution during the 1st and the 2nd World Wars.
Visit Brasov by night
Your tour covers all the major tourist attractions under the moonlight which gives a different perspective of all baroque structures: the Black Church and Katherine’s Gate, medieval buildings surrounding the Council City Square - all this…
Fagaras is the biggest, highest and probably most sought mountain massif in Romania in the summer months, while in winter it becomes a challenge. The range is called the Transylvanian Alps for a good reason.