Hiking from Chalkis to the Tzivani Winery
Sorry, we don't offer activity at this time. If you send us your e-mail, we will be happy to inform you as soon as we relaunched it.
- Enjoy hiking through the beautiful Greek countryside
- A moderately paced 10km hike followed by organic wine tasting
- We pass by the remains of the Acropolis of Avlida and also enjoy stunning views across the harbor of Avlida
- Also included is a private tour of the Tzivani museum, located at the winery
All about the trip
Join us for a full day’s hike along the remains of the ancient fortifications of Chalkis.
Overlooking the beautiful harbor of Avlida, you will be surprised to see so much nature living so close to the city, including birds of prey and luscious vegetation. It’s also not uncommon to find wild thyme and fruit bushes growing as we hike towards the Bio Winery of Tzivani, our end destination.
As well as the beautiful nature, just above the ancient city of Chalkis lays the remains of the Acropolis of Avlida where you will see many stone-walled ruins from ancient antiquity. This also forms a great backdrop for some memorable photos. According to mythology, the harbor of Avlida is where Agamemnon sacrificed his daughter Iphigenia. Fans of the Iliad and Odyssey by Homer will be familiar with these local legends and your tour guide will be happy to tell you all about them.
Our walk ends in the best way possible, by tasting local wine grown organically at the Bio Winery of Tzivani. As well as wine-tasting, we will also enjoy a tour of the winery and enjoy a tour of the Winery's museum, which displays numerous items collected personally by Mr Tzivani himself from all over the world.
After our tour is complete you will be returned to your hotel or accommodation.
What is included in the price
- Roundtrip hotel transfers from Chalkis, Eretria, or Amarynthos
- English-speaking experienced local guide
- Personal injury and liability insurance
- Wine tasting with snacks once we reach the museum and finish the hike
What is not included in the price
- Extra snacks or drinking water (however, we can stop at the local bakery before the hike so you can get extra supplies)
- Gratuities for your hosts and guides
Do you have a question or need more information about the activity?
You can reach our European office between 9am and 5pm CET on weekdays and between 11am and 5pm on weekends and holidays.
You might also like
Daily kite safari to the Petali Lagoon in Greece
Private intro to kitesurfing lesson in Greece
Semi-private intensive kite-surfing lesson in Greece
Semi-private intro to kitesurfing lesson in Greece
From our partners
Private guide in your phone
Just walk, listen and discover more with free self-guided audio-tours to must-see places and hidden gems in 300 destinations.
Flights, hotels, holidays
Find your cheap flight ticket, book your accommodation and enjoy your holiday full of experiences worldwide.
25% discount on Premium Partnership
Create your own travel diary. Add your best photos, all spotlights, dates, and milestones. Mark your friends and share it with the whole world.
Private door-to-door transfers
The most convenient way to travel between cities. Enjoy door-to-door service with an English-speaking driver and sightseeing stops on the way.
20 people are watching this activity
Pick your dates and book it now!