Montserrat morning tour by bus from Barcelona
- The Black Madonna: locally known as La Moreneta, this is a figure not to be missed
- Boys’ Choir: one of the oldest in Europe.
- Montserrat Museum: wide variety of archaeological artworks from medieval times to avant-garde style (entrance fee not included)
- Funicular of Sant Joan and funicular of Santa Cova: use the Sant Joan funicular to enjoy the panoramic views or reach the cave of La Santa Cova to see the original place of the apparition
All about the trip
Board a coach from our office in central Barcelona to the magical mountain of Montserrat. Famous for its peculiar morphology, its name comes from the Catalan words Mont (mountain) and Serrat (serrated). World-famous for its rocky geography, Montserrat beautiful scenery was declared National Park in 1987 to protect its natural and cultural wealth.
Follow your local guide through the site and learn about the history and architectural style of the Monastery. A community of 80 monks currently lives and follow the rule of Saint Benedict in Montserrat. Fall in love with the Gothic and Renaissance details of the basilica and sanctuary. Learn about the legend of the miraculous apparition of the Black Madonna and Child in the cave of Santa Cova. To this day their wood carving is kept in the Church of the monastery, which you will be able to visit. The figure is popularly known as La Moreneta (The Black Madonna) as a result of a varnish reaction.
Besides the main area, there are a great number of small churches and trails you can follow. You will be given free time to taste the finest liquors, shop for locally produced treats or visit the audio visual exhibition once our guided tour finishes.
What is included in the price
- Transportation on an air-conditioned coach
- Tour operated in both Spanish and English
- Radio guide system
- Taste of 4 typical liquors of the area
- Entrance to the audiovisual exhibition in Montserrat “Espai Audio visual Montserrat”
- Discounts at some of the main attractions:
- 20% off in the Sant Joan Funicular ticket
- 10% off in the Museum entrance fee
- 10% off in the buffet restaurant at the “Mirador dels Apostols”
What is not included in the price
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Montserrat Museum entrance fee
Dress code is required to enter the venue. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. No flip flops permitted.
Please dress according to local weather conditions.
This activity is organised by Julia Travel Worldwide email@example.com.
We can guarantee you that this agency was checked by our experts. Your money will be safe then. We sell all activities for the same price as the organising agency.
Do you have a question or need more information about the activity?
You can reach our European office between 9am and 5pm CET on weekdays and between 11am and 5pm on weekends and holidays.
From our partners
Private guide in your phone
Just walk, listen and discover more with free self-guided audio-tours to must-see places and hidden gems in 300 destinations.
Book cheap flights, trains, buses
Kiwi.com basically helps you figure out where you can fly within your budget. Making travel better.
25% discount on Premium Partnership
Create your own travel diary. Add your best photos, all spotlights, dates, and milestones. Mark your friends and share it with the whole world.
Private door-to-door transfers
The most convenient way to travel between cities. Enjoy door-to-door service with an English-speaking driver and sightseeing stops on the way.
35 people are watching this activity
Pick your dates and book it now!