On the edge of paradise
1 x 40 €
- Full-day hiking tour of Ponta de São Lourenço from Funchal
- An active tour recommended for travelers with a moderate level of fitness
- Trek through the lunar landscapes and coastal lookout points of the nature reserve
- Learn about the local flora and fauna and receive the undivided attention of a private guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off are included
All about the trip
Begin your hiking tour with pickup from your hotel in Funchal or Caniço at around 8 AM. Alternatively, you will meet your guide at a meeting point in Funchal. We start on the south side of the island following ancient trails which used to be used to connect both villages, Porto da Cruz( in the north) and Machico and Caniçal (in the south). This hike will be enjoyed by more experienced walkers, as it has some very technical parts on the way to be traveled between sea and land. Walk on the edge of an amazing cliff, scented by the sea breeze, which makes it a perfect habitat for plants that grow only on the sea coast. Discover why Madeira provides an important diversity of habitats for the existence of amazing species!
What is (and what is not) included in the price
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from Caniço and Funchal
- Certified mountain guide
- Food and drinks
Operates in all weather conditions if safety is assured, please dress appropriately. It is recommended to bring water and food for your picnic.
Not wheelchair accessible.
This activity is organised by Up Mountain Madeira, Estrada da Camacha 305, Funchal, 9060 010, Portugal, +35 19 25 96 43 35, firstname.lastname@example.org.
We can guarantee you that this agency was checked by our experts. Your money will be safe then. We sell all activities for the same price as the organising agency.
24 people are watching this activity
Pick your dates and book it now!