Private day tour to Islamic Cairo
- Visit Cairo's most important Islamic sites
- Learn about Cairo’s ancient Islamic history, traditions, and culture
- Visit the Mosque of Sultan Hassan, a masterpiece of Islamic architecture
- Explore the incredible Khan el-Khalili bazaar, a traditional market from medieval times
All about the trip
Our representative will pick you up from your hotel in Cairo by air-conditioned modern vehicle and drive to the Mosque of Ahmed Ibn Tulun. Then, start your walking from Bab Zuwayla through El Muezz Street to visit the Al Khayammeyah, Mosque-Mausoleum of Sultan al-Mu’ayyad Shaykh, Sabil-Kuttab of Tusun Pasha and the Mosque of Al-Azhar.
Continue walking from the twin-towered Bab al-Futuh, a fortified gate in Cairo’s old city walls, to Khan el-Khalili bazaar, one of the city’s major souks. Immerse yourself in the tightly packed stalls displaying everything from spices and leather goods to jewelry and vegetables, all in one street that has hardly changed for centuries. Bargaining is expected, so prepare to negotiate.
Explore the Mosque and Madrassa of Sultan Hassan and one of the finest examples of the early Mamluk architecture. Stop for lunch at a local restaurant before driving to the madrassa, and the Mausoleum of Sultan al-Mansur Qalawun and the Madrassa-Khanqah of Sultan Barquq. Your guide will show you the Egyptian Textile Museum and the Mosque of Al-Aqmar, before seeing the best example of an old Cairo house.
At the end of the tour, you will be transferred back to your hotel.What Wikipedia says about Islamic Cairo
What is included in the price
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off in Cairo
- Service of professional English-speaking Egyptologist guide
- Walking tour of Cairo’s most important Islamic sites
- Lecture on Cairo’s ancient Islamic history, traditions, and culture
- Visit to the Sultan Hassan Mosque, a masterpiece of Islamic architecture
- Visit to the Khan el-Khalili bazaar
- Lunch at Local restaurant
- Entrance fees to the above-mentioned sites
- All taxes and service charge
What is not included in the price
- Any extras not mentioned in the itinerary
This activity is organised by Sun Pyramids Tours, Al Haram, st. 67, Al Haram - Giza Governorate, 12555, Egypt, email@example.com.
We can guarantee you that this agency was checked by our experts. Your money will be safe then. We sell all activities for the same price as the organising agency.
Do you have a question or need more information about the activity?
You can reach our European office between 9am and 5pm CET on weekdays and between 11am and 5pm on weekends and holidays.
You might also like
Egyptian Museum, Citadel, and Old Cairo private tour
Top 10 pyramids of Egypt full-day tour from Cairo
Private tour to camel market of Birqash from Cairo
Private day tour to Manial Palace and Cairo Tower
From our partners
Private guide in your phone
Just walk, listen and discover more with free self-guided audio-tours to must-see places and hidden gems in 300 destinations.
Flights, hotels, holidays
Find your cheap flight ticket, book your accommodation and enjoy your holiday full of experiences worldwide.
Trip Planning App
Authentic travel available to all. Worldee is the world's largest database of quality itineraries, created by travelers for travelers.
Private door-to-door transfers
The most convenient way to travel between cities. Enjoy door-to-door service with an English-speaking driver and sightseeing stops on the way.
6 people are watching this activity
Pick your dates and book it now!