Skopje walking tour
- Gate Macedonia and the main square in Skopje
- The Fountain and the sculpture of the Warrior on a Horse representing Alexander the Great
- Memorial House of Mother Teresa (inside) and her statue at the main pedestrian zone in Skopje
- Remains of Old Skopje railway station, today the City Museum (from outside)
- Macedonian parliament building and the park dedicated to a woman
- Stone Bridge, the symbol of the city
- New Archaeological Museum (from outside)
- Macedonian Holocaust Museum (from outside)
- Old Bazaar with its unique architecture and craftsman shops
- Church of St Spas (The Holy Salvation) with its unique iconostasis from the 19th century (inside)
- Mustapha Pasha Mosque (from outside)
- Skopje Fortress Kale (inside)
All about the trip
Walking tour is the best way to explore the new and old part of Skopje. Would you like to be introduced to the main sights of Skopje? This tour gives you the opportunity to explore Skopje city center ä accompanied by our experienced and professional tour guide who will be at your service during this tour.
Skopje is not only a city with centuries-long history and traditional values but also the capital of Macedonia as well. It covers an area of 225 km2 and its position makes it an important crossroads of south-eastern Europe.
The city’s origin can be traced back to the ancient city of Skupi, located 7 km northwest from today’s town. It was and it is settled on the roads that united Western and Eastern civilization, on the roads trodden by conquerors, believers, merchants, etc. Because of its geographical position at important crossroads, Skupi assumed a special role in the Roman Empire. Christianization spread to Skupi very early – it had an organized church since the time of Constantine I. Till the end of the 13th century, Skopje was a part of different kingdoms and empires. In 1392 Skopje became a part of the big Ottoman empire and as a crossroad of important Balkan routes connecting Europe and Asia, the city became increasingly important to the Turks as a base for their further conquests. Ottoman rule has left many signs and monuments in Skopje. Today Skopje is the biggest cultural, economic, and trade center in Macedonia.What Wikipedia says about Skopje
What is included in the price
- Experienced English-speaking local tour guide
- Visit to Kale Fortress and Mother Teresa Memorial House
What is not included in the price
- Food and beverages
This activity is organised by Visit Macedonia Incoming Tour, 3b Angel Dinev str. 2, Skopje, 1000, Macedonia, + 389 2 3098 314, firstname.lastname@example.org.
We can guarantee you that this agency was checked by our experts. Your money will be safe then. We sell all activities for the same price as the organising agency.
Do you have a question or need more information about the activity?
You can reach our European office between 9am and 5pm CET on weekdays and between 11am and 5pm on weekends and holidays.
You might also like
Private Skopje walking tour
Daily one way sightseeing transfer from Ohrid to Skopje
Skopje city tour
Great Balkan Adventure from Skopje to Dubrovnik
From our partners
Private guide in your phone
Just walk, listen and discover more with free self-guided audio-tours to must-see places and hidden gems in 300 destinations.
Flights, hotels, holidays
Find your cheap flight ticket, book your accommodation and enjoy your holiday full of experiences worldwide.
Trip Planning App
Authentic travel available to all. Worldee is the world's largest database of quality itineraries, created by travelers for travelers.
Private door-to-door transfers
The most convenient way to travel between cities. Enjoy door-to-door service with an English-speaking driver and sightseeing stops on the way.
25 people are watching this activity
Pick your dates and book it now!