Skopje walking tour and Matka valley
Activity: Walking Tours
Languages spoken: English
Duration: 6 hrs
Difficulty: EasyMeeting point:
Minimum age: 3
Good to know: You can only buy this activity for 12 persons at a time. If you require more places, kindly place more orders.
- Available from: 12/06/2023
- Memorial House of Mother Teresa (inside) and her statue at the main pedestrian zone in Skopje
- Gate Macedonia and the main square in Skopje
- The Fountain and the sculpture of the Warrior on a Horse representing Alexander the Great
- Remains of Old Skopje railway station, today the City Museum (from outside)
- Macedonian parliament building and the park dedicated to a woman
- Stone Bridge, the symbol of the city
- New Archaeological Museum (from outside)
- Museum of Macedonian Struggle (from outside)
- Macedonian Holocaust Museum (from outside)
- Old Bazaar with its unique architecture and craftsman shops
- Church of St Spas (The Holy Salvation) with its unique iconostasis from the 19th century (inside)
- Mustapha Pasha Mosque (from outside)
- Skopje Fortress Kale (inside)
- Matka valley and Matka lake
- Canyon of the river Treska
All about the trip
Combine Skopje walking tour with a visit to Matka valley, a unique part of nature near Skopje. Explore the canyon filled with monasteries, medieval ruins, and natural caves by the lake Matka, Macedonia’s first artificial lake. Do not miss the cave Vrelo, one of the deepest underwater caves in Europe.
Start your day with a morning walk in the city center and Skopje Old Bazaar with our experienced and professional tour guide. At 11:00 you will be picked up by our driver to visit Matka valley, a perfect getaway from the busy city. You can choose to take a boat trip to enter the cave Vrelo or hop aboard a kayak and paddle down the Treska River or simply walk along the lake and soak up the fresh air.
We will take a coffee break at a restaurant nearby before you will be driven back to Skopje.What Wikipedia says about Matka Canyon
What is included in the price
- Transportation to Matka valley by car, minivan, or van
- Experienced English-speaking local tour guide (for parties of 2-3 people the guide will be a driver as well)
- Visits to Kale fortress and Mother Teresa memorial house,
- 1 bottle of water per person and WiFi on board - complementary
What is not included in the price
- Optional Boat ride on Matka lake and cave Vrelo - 10 € (to be paid on the spot)
- Optional kayak rental
- Food and beverages
This activity is organised by Visit Macedonia Incoming Tour, 3b Angel Dinev str. 2, Skopje, 1000, Macedonia, + 389 2 3098 314, firstname.lastname@example.org.
We can guarantee you that this agency was checked by our experts. Your money will be safe then. We sell all activities for the same price as the organising agency.
Do you have a question or need more information about the activity?
You can reach our European office between 9am and 5pm CET on weekdays and between 11am and 5pm on weekends and holidays.
You might also like
Kosovo and Macedonia tour from Skopje
"Ottoman heritage of the Balkans" trip from Skopje to Belgrade
Western balkans round trip from Skopje
Daily one way sightseeing transfer from Ohrid to Skopje
From our partners
Private guide in your phone
Just walk, listen and discover more with free self-guided audio-tours to must-see places and hidden gems in 300 destinations.
Flights, hotels, holidays
Find your cheap flight ticket, book your accommodation and enjoy your holiday full of experiences worldwide.
Trip Planning App
Authentic travel available to all. Worldee is the world's largest database of quality itineraries, created by travelers for travelers.
Private door-to-door transfers
The most convenient way to travel between cities. Enjoy door-to-door service with an English-speaking driver and sightseeing stops on the way.
43 people are watching this activity
Pick your dates and book it now!