Sunday market 4x4 tour
1 x 35 €
- Get driven in an open-top army Jeep to a traditional Sunday market
- Travel with a guide: don’t get lost while journeying on old roads and off-roads outside of Funchal
- See the countryside pass by from your open-top Jeep
- Includes pickup and drop-off from your hotel
All about the trip
We will start our ride heading towards the Santo da Serra, one of the oldest interior towns, which on Sundays is one of the busiest traditional markets with regional products from local producers. Sellers offer many products, such as plates, towels, sheep, potatoes, and also many delicious tropical fruits that grow around the island. You will also find many local foods sold here, such as Bolo do caco with a specific taste of garlic butter. We will then depart to Machico alleyways with some astonishing views before our return.
On this tour, we travel in an open classic ex-army jeep, and we usually go for off-road and old roads, but the ride is very calm, safe and relaxed, with a local certified guide.
What is (and what is not) included in the price
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Small-group tour
- Live commentary on board
- Local professional driver/guide
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Entrance fees on the natural pools (1,5€)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off outside the free areas of Funchal and Caniço
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking. Not recommended for participants with back problems. A small amount of walking is involved.
This activity is organised by Up Mountain Madeira, Estrada da Camacha 305, Funchal, 9060 010, Portugal, +35 19 25 96 43 35, email@example.com.
We can guarantee you that this agency was checked by our experts. Your money will be safe then. We sell all activities for the same price as the organising agency.
You Might Also Like
Fun activities on the boat off the coast of Ponta Delgada
Mountain biking and rock climbing on Azores
Pico do Arieiro and Pico Ruivo hike in Madeira
Walking tours around Lagoa do Fogo (North rim)
28 people are watching this activity
Pick your dates and book it now!