The vineyards 4x4 tour
1 x 35 €
- Go off the beaten track and see views that many visitors miss
- Small-group tour ensures a more intimate experience
- Hassle-free round-trip transport from your hotel or the port
- Sample traditional Poncha and get insight into Madeira life from your guide
- Mountains of Câmara de Lobos
- Winery area of Estreito de Câmara de Lobos
All about the trip
We will take a jeep tour into the steep mountains and valleys passing the winery area of Estreito de Câmara de Lobos ("the sea wolves' lair"), and ascend 3,280 feet (1,000 meters) for a view across Nun's Valley that not many visitors see. Our tour also takes us through the banana fields, cherry, and chestnut trees. Toast the day with a freshly made Poncha (traditional alcoholic beverage).
For our tours, we use an open classic ex-army jeep, and we usually go for off-road and old roads, but the tour is a very calm, safe and relaxed, with our local certified guide.Watch on Youtube
What is (and what is not) included in the price
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Small-group tour
- Live commentary on board
- Local professional driver/guide
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Entrance fees on the natural pools (1,5€)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off outside the free areas of Funchal and Caniço
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking. Not recommended for participants with back problems. A small amount of walking is involved.
This activity is organised by Up Mountain Madeira, Estrada da Camacha 305, Funchal, 9060 010, Portugal, +35 19 25 96 43 35, firstname.lastname@example.org.
We can guarantee you that this agency was checked by our experts. Your money will be safe then. We sell all activities for the same price as the organising agency.
48 people are watching this activity
Pick your dates and book it now!