Vikos-Aoos National Park trip
Good to know: You can only buy this activity for 14 persons at a time. If you require more places, kindly place more orders.
- Available from: 06/05/2023
- Minimum number of persons: 4x
- Buy this experience as a gift
- Visit 8 traditional villages in the area of Zagori and around throughout the journey
- Hike Vikos gorge
- Hike Vradeto steps, a very old stone structure trail with stunning views
- Rafting in the calm and crystal clear waters of Aoos river
- Hike up to the amazing dragon lake
- Taste traditional local food
All about the trip
This 7 days tour takes place in the Vikos-Aoos National Park, the most untouched area in Greece, north of the city of Ioannina, in the region of Epirus. The relative small human impact, the rare flora and fauna of the area, and thanks to its wild and unspoiled nature makes this place unique in Greece
We will cross the impressive Vikos Gorge, located in the heart of the National Park and we will hike up to a magnificent alpine lake (known as dragon lake) and we will have the chance to stay overnight in the refuge house on the mountain.
We will visit Zagori a mountainous region of stunning beauty, one of the most strictly protected areas in Greece. As the region remained cut off from the rest of the country for decades, you will not find here signs of massive tourism. We will stay at the picturesque stone villages of Zagori, a masterpiece of traditional architecture, ideal for those seeking relaxation and tranquility.
Finally, we will go rafting in Aoos river, ranked as one of the cleanest rivers in Europe, and enjoy the stunning nature of the area while paddling through turquoise crystal clear waters.
What is included in the price
- Transfer with private mini van from Athens to National Park Vikos-Aoos and return to Athens
- All transportations during the trip .
- Accomodation based on double occupancy (6 nights)
- Rafting in Voidomatis river / Necessary equipment
- Hiking Equipment (baton)
- Snacks during the hikes
- All meals as indicated in the itinerary (6 breakfasts, 4 dinners, 4 lunches)
- Two NomadsPath english speaking guides/tour leaders throughout the trip
- Luggage transfer
- All taxes
What is not included in the price
- International airfare and any airport taxes
- Travel insurance
- Any meals not mentioned in the program
- Alcoholic beverages
- Additional expences as a result of leaving the tour earlier
- Additional expences as a result of staying longer
- All other services that are not listed above
For this trip a prior hiking experience is required. It is recommended for participants with pre-existing medical conditions such as heart, lung, and blood diseases to consult their doctor before any hike.
During this journey we will stay in cozy family run hotel, ranked as 3 star. The accommodation will be based on double occupancy and if you are travelling by yourself, you will be paired up with another single client of the same sex.
For two nights we will stay in mountain refuges.Those are dormitory style with shared facilities.
Single rooms are available for a supplementary cost. Free wifi is available in most of the hotels
This activity is organised by NomadsPath, Pallados Athina 48, Pallini, 15351, Greece, +(030) 6945574017, email@example.com.
We can guarantee you that this agency was checked by our experts. Your money will be safe then. We sell all activities for the same price as the organising agency.
Do you have a question or need more information about the activity?
You can reach our European office between 9am and 5pm CET on weekdays and between 11am and 5pm on weekends and holidays.
You might also like
Bridges and villages of Zagori from Vitsa villlage
Voidomatis gorge tour
Cycle tour from Elati to the bridges in Kipi
Hiking Vikos Gorge from Monodentri village
From our partners
Private guide in your phone
Just walk, listen and discover more with free self-guided audio-tours to must-see places and hidden gems in 300 destinations.
Flights, hotels, holidays
Find your cheap flight ticket, book your accommodation and enjoy your holiday full of experiences worldwide.
25% discount on Premium Partnership
Create your own travel diary. Add your best photos, all spotlights, dates, and milestones. Mark your friends and share it with the whole world.
Private door-to-door transfers
The most convenient way to travel between cities. Enjoy door-to-door service with an English-speaking driver and sightseeing stops on the way.
7 people are watching this activity
Pick your dates and book it now!