Biking the roads of history from Bucharest
This is not a tour for beginners. It requires technical skills and a lot of effort. Some sections of the route may not be for everyone to bike. But the push-bike techniques are always there to get us out of the trouble.
- The route goes for more than half of its length higher than the tree line so we will enjoy the magnificent North drops of Ciucas Mountain all the way
- The diversity of the terrain is rich indeed: gravel road, dirt roads, narrow paths, grass paths, difficult climbs, easy nice climbs, wonderful descents
- We will also pass the old medieval custom tower right on the mountain
- The beautiful isolated and sorrowful cemetery that we will pass near Tabla Butii, commemorates the soldiers who fought and died in the First World War.
All about the trip
The Northern borders of the old kingdom of Romania and of the still older Wallachia lay on ridges of the mountains. Some passes allowed for a constant flow of goods from Wallachia to Transylvania and the other way round. The busiest of these border passes used to be the one called Tabla Butii over the mountains Tataru and Siriu. But, with the coming of modern times, this high road was abandoned for the faster valley roads. It is rarely visited in midsummer, but that´s good news for us because the old road will be all ours. So let’s bike into history and sweat along this historical path following the footsteps of so many travellers, who passed it long before us.
What is (and what is not) included in the price
- Transport from and to Bucharest by car, including the bikes
- Bike maintenance kit (extra tube in case of defect, repair kit, etc.)
- Transport for bikes
We are the guarantor of your experience
We hand-pick experiences for you and constantly check their quality.
We guarantee the same price as the organising agency with no hidden fees.
Our cancellation terms are fair – we tell you about things just as they are.
All our prices are the same as from providing agencies. With the benefit of extra care, easier payment and cancellation policy.
You Might Also Like
Bran Castle and Rasnov Fortress
Join our tour to learn more about the Vlad Dracula The Impaler and get a chance to see two of the most important castles and fortresses of Romania with our special themed tour in the heart of Transylvania.
Visit Brasov by night
Your tour covers all the major tourist attractions under the moonlight which gives a different perspective of all baroque structures: the Black Church and Katherine’s Gate, medieval buildings surrounding the Council City Square - all this…
Hidden Gem of Transylvanian Alps
Unravel the hidden beauty of Transylvania and drive with us over "the most beautiful road in the world".