Canyoning and bike tour in Azores
Minimum age: 12
- The best way to have fun in the Azorean Nature guided by accredited and well-trained guides.
- Suitable for almost all ages, families and friends and no need for swimming abilities
- Suitable for the "first times" and still challenging the more adventurous
All about the trip
Enjoy a day full of fun, endless adrenaline and magnificent landscapes! Dive right into the adventure with a Canyoning tour in the morning where you will explore incredible rivers and waterfalls through different techniques such as jumps, rappels and rock-slides. Then, after lunch, take a ride on the wild side, cycling through the oldest and greenest part of the Island where you will pass through forests with breathtaking panoramic views and discover the islands’ diverse flora, fauna and geological wonders. Without a doubt, the ideal excursion for adventure and nature lovers!
The Canyoning tour will take place in Parque Natural da Ribeira dos Caldeirões, one of the most extraordinary places in the northeastern part of the island of São Miguel (+/- 45 minute drive away from the city of Ponta Delgada). Upon arrival, we will proceed with the distribution of equipment and a quick safety briefing, followed by a 20 minute hike towards the beginning of this canyoning adventure where we will jump, slide and rappel on our journey down the river. We will end the tour by relaxing in the park with a cozy picnic-lunch of regional products.
During this canyoning tour the highest rappel can reach up to 15 meters, and the highest jump can be up to 6 meters (if you feel uncomfortable about the jumps, know that there are alternatives).
On the other hand, our Bike Tours can be carried out in one of the following 2 areas, depending on local conditions, weather and the abilities of the group:
– GRAMINHAIS / TRONQUEIRA: The circuit will start on the Graminhais plateau, very close to Pico da Vara (the highest peak of the island), and will pass through the area of Tronqueira, which covers the largest primitive forest of the island, surrounded by immense mountains and deep valleys. In addition to breathtaking landscapes, you will have the opportunity to explore and get to know a little of the typical fauna, flora and geology of São Miguel.
NOTE: Most of the tour will be done downhill, and part of the route can be quite steep.
– FURNAS: This is, perhaps, the most unusual and impressive parish on the island, as it is located within one of the oldest and still active volcanic calderas of the archipelago. In addition to having the opportunity to visit the emblematic fumaroles, thermal springs and Furnas Lagoon, you will also learn about the history of this magnificent land.
NOTE: This will be a slightly more demanding tour, with some rough uphill roads that, in the end, will be totally worth it!Watch on Youtube
What is included in the price
- Accredited guides
- All the canyoning equipment (fully equipped harness, wetsuits, socks, helmet and boots)
- Bicycles and cycling helmets
- Photos / Videos
- Picnic lunch
- Pick-up and drop-off
This activity is organised by Fun Activities Azores Adventure, Rua Dr. Dinis Moreira da Mota Pico da Pedra, Ribeira Grande, 9600-075, Portugal, +351 911 014 212, firstname.lastname@example.org.
We can guarantee you that this agency was checked by our experts. Your money will be safe then. We sell all activities for the same price as the organising agency.
Do you have a question or need more information about the activity?
You can reach our European office between 9am and 5pm CET on weekdays and between 11am and 5pm on weekends and holidays.
You might also like
Whale & dolphin watching by speedboat at Lajes do Pico
Quad bike tour of Sete Cidades (2 people 1 bike)
Trail in Sanguinho
Full day of Azores sea adventure
From our partners
Private guide in your phone
Just walk, listen and discover more with free self-guided audio-tours to must-see places and hidden gems in 300 destinations.
Flights, hotels, holidays
Find your cheap flight ticket, book your accommodation and enjoy your holiday full of experiences worldwide.
25% discount on Premium Partnership
Create your own travel diary. Add your best photos, all spotlights, dates, and milestones. Mark your friends and share it with the whole world.
Private door-to-door transfers
The most convenient way to travel between cities. Enjoy door-to-door service with an English-speaking driver and sightseeing stops on the way.
43 people are watching this activity
Pick your dates and book it now!
Are you leaving?
Subscribe and get benefits from OutdoorTrip!
Discounts, special offers and new information.