Full day of Ribeira da Salga canyoning in Azores
Minimum age: 14
- Have fun and explore one of the island's most impressive landscapes
- Challenge yourself and get out of your comfort zone under the supervision of our experienced and friendly guides
- An amazing experience in both rain or shine
- Suitable for almost all ages and beginners, while still challenging for the more experienced canyoneer
- It is recommended that you are in good physical shape as this tour includes, at times; walking on unstable terrain, muddy slopes, and small uphill and downhill scrambles. However, you don’t need to know how to swim
- Possibility of Pick-up and Drop-off from / to your accommodation – if respective option is chosen
All about the trip
This Canyoning Tour takes your through one of our more physically challenging routes, taking you into the depths of nature, in the wildest and greenest part of the island. We will hike through the forest, slide down the river, jump from the tops of wonderous waterfalls and rappel down this deep canyon…Undoubtedly, the most thrilling and adventurous way to experience Azorean nature up close in one of the most beautiful locations on the island.
This excursion takes place in Ribeira da Salga, located in the northeast part of the island of São Miguel, between the parishes of Lomba de São Pedro and Salga (+/- 40 minute drive away from the city of Ponta Delgada). Upon arrival, we will proceed with the distribution of equipment and a quick safety briefing, followed by a 30 minute hike towards the start of the canyon where the fun will begin!
From this tour, you can expect a wild and almost untouched nature, with difficult access, some steep paths, and a lot of physical exercise. The highest rappel can reach up to 16 meters, and the highest jump up to 8 meters (if you feel uncomfortable about the jumps, know that there are alternatives).
Then, after a break to replenish ourselves with some hearty snacks, we will continue on on our adventure with an extended route that is filled with more activities to thrill you along the way. At the end of the tour we will take you to a local park to enjoy a well-deserved picnic lunch. This tour is recommended for our clients who are really up for a challenge as it will be quite a physically demanding day, where we are sure you will leave to go back home tired, but happy.Watch on Youtube
What is included in the price
- Accredited guides
- All Canyoning equipment (fully equipped harness, wetsuits, socks, helmet and boots)
- Photos / Videos
- Picnic Lunch
- Pick-up and Drop-off (if chosen, please note that you will pay €15/person to the driver/guide)
This activity is organised by Fun Activities Azores Adventure, Rua Dr. Dinis Moreira da Mota Pico da Pedra, Ribeira Grande, 9600-075, Portugal, +351 967 451 256, firstname.lastname@example.org.
We can guarantee you that this agency was checked by our experts. Your money will be safe then. We sell all activities for the same price as the organising agency.
Do you have a question or need more information about the activity?
You can reach our European office between 9am and 5pm CET on weekdays and between 11am and 5pm on weekends and holidays.
From our partners
Private guide in your phone
Just walk, listen and discover more with free self-guided audio-tours to must-see places and hidden gems in 300 destinations.
Flights, hotels, holidays
Find your cheap flight ticket, book your accommodation and enjoy your holiday full of experiences worldwide.
25% discount on Premium Partnership
Create your own travel diary. Add your best photos, all spotlights, dates, and milestones. Mark your friends and share it with the whole world.
Private door-to-door transfers
The most convenient way to travel between cities. Enjoy door-to-door service with an English-speaking driver and sightseeing stops on the way.
49 people are watching this activity
Pick your dates and book it now!
Are you leaving?
Subscribe and get benefits from OutdoorTrip!
Discounts, special offers and new information.