Half-day of Ribeira da Salga canyoning in Azores
Minimum age: 14
Good to know: You can only buy this activity for 8 persons at a time. If you require more places, kindly place more orders.
- Instant confirmation
- Available in 2 days
- Have fun and explore one of the island's most impressive landscapes
- Challenge yourself and get out of your comfort zone under the supervision of our experienced and friendly guides
- An amazing experience in both rain or shine
- Suitable for almost all ages and beginners, while still challenging for the more experienced canyoneer
- It is recommended that you are in good physical shape as this tour includes, at times; walking on unstable terrain, muddy slopes, and small uphill and downhill scrambles. However, you don’t need to know how to swim
- Possibility of Pick-up and Drop-off from / to your accommodation – if respective option is chosen
All about the trip
This Canyoning Tour takes your through one of our more physically challenging routes, taking you into the depths of nature, in the wildest and greenest part of the island. We will hike through the forest, slide down the river, jump from the tops of wonderous waterfalls and rappel down this deep canyon…Undoubtedly, the most thrilling and adventurous way to experience Azorean nature up close in one of the most beautiful locations on the island.
This excursion takes place in Ribeira da Salga, located in the northeast part of the island of São Miguel, between the parishes of Lomba de São Pedro and Salga (+/- 40 minute drive away from the city of Ponta Delgada). Upon arrival, we will proceed with the distribution of equipment and a quick safety briefing, followed by a 30 minute hike towards the start of the canyon where the fun will begin!
From this tour, you can expect a wild and almost untouched nature, with difficult access, some steep paths, and a lot of physical exercise. The highest rappel can reach up to 16 meters, and the highest jump up to 9 meters (if you feel uncomfortable about the jumps, know that there are alternatives).
Ending with an uphill climb back to our starting point. We will end our trip with a well deserved picnic style lunch at a local park.Watch on Youtube
What is included in the price
- Accredited guides
- All Canyoning equipment (fully equipped harness, wetsuits, socks, helmet and boots)
- Photos / Videos
- Picnic Lunch
- Pick-up and Drop-off (if chosen, please note that you will pay €15/person to the driver/guide)
This activity is organised by Fun Activities Azores Adventure, Rua Dr. Dinis Moreira da Mota Pico da Pedra, Ribeira Grande, 9600-075, Portugal, +351 911 014 212, firstname.lastname@example.org.
We can guarantee you that this agency was checked by our experts. Your money will be safe then. We sell all activities for the same price as the organising agency.
Do you have a question or need more information about the activity?
You can reach our European office between 9am and 5pm CET on weekdays and between 11am and 5pm on weekends and holidays.
You might also like
Canyoning and bike tour in Azores
Hike waterfall trail, visit tea plantation and beach
Full day of Azores sea adventure
Hiking to Salto do Prego waterfall and Sanguinho
From our partners
Private guide in your phone
Just walk, listen and discover more with free self-guided audio-tours to must-see places and hidden gems in 300 destinations.
Flights, hotels, holidays
Find your cheap flight ticket, book your accommodation and enjoy your holiday full of experiences worldwide.
Trip Planning App
Authentic travel available to all. Worldee is the world's largest database of quality itineraries, created by travelers for travelers.
Private door-to-door transfers
The most convenient way to travel between cities. Enjoy door-to-door service with an English-speaking driver and sightseeing stops on the way.
45 people are watching this activity
Pick your dates and book it now!