Mardi Himal trek from Kathmandu
Good to know: You can only buy this activity for 20 persons at a time. If you require more places, kindly place more orders.
- Available from: 15/06/2023
- Minimum number of persons: 2x
- Buy this experience as a gift
- Explore culture, tradition, and history of Local People
- Enjoy the natural lifestyle and tradition of Mardi Village
- Explore to beautiful lake city Pokhara and enjoy beautiful sights
- Enjoy the magnificent view of Machhapchre, Annapurna, Dhaulagiri, and other mountains
- Explore the rich natural and cultural biodiversity of the Mardi Region
- Trekkers reach 4500m altitude to witness the different Himalayan Range
All about the trip
Mardi Himal Trek is one of the most famous and newly discovered treks in the Annapurna Region. This legendary trekking route of Nepal lies in the east of the Annapurna Base Camp Trek. This is the most unique and unseen gem in Annapurna Region. The way to Mardi Himal Base Camp Follows the breathtaking scenery of high and beautiful green hills, majestic view of snow-capped mountains, Annapurna, Machhapuchre(Fishtail), and Himchuli.On the way to Mardi Himal Base Camp, you will pass through the traditional village, Rhododendron forest, and diverse range of dramatic landscapes.
Mardi Himal Trek Nepal is a hidden treasure in Annapurna Region. Mardi Himal Trails take us to Mardi Himal Base Camp through a remote off the beaten path. It is a thrilling experience where we can witness dramatic landscape and complete wilderness. Mardi Himal Base Camp is considered as an alternative trek route for Annapurna Circuit Trek.
Mardi Himal Base Camp 10 Days Trek is officially opened for tourism and trekking by trekking agencies of Nepal TAAN from 2012. Base Camp of Mardi Himal follows the ridge between Mardi Khola Valleys and Modi Khola which is also known as the hidden treasure trek in Nepal.
The Major attraction of Mardi Himal Trek is traditional Nepali Villages, close view of Annapurna Himalayan Range. Mardi Himal Trek elevation varies from 4250m to 4500m which is the upper View Point of Mardi Himal Base Camp. It is a short and easy trek route in Nepal where you can experience every aspect of trekking like Annapurna Region and Everest Base Camp Trek. The Machhapuchre Mountain is famous for Fishtail mountain as its peak resembles the tail of Fish which is clearly seen from the trek route of Mardi Himal Trek.
Best Time To Trek Mardi Himal:
Autumn Season mid-September to November is the peak and best time to go to Mardi Himal Base Camp. However, March to May is another best season of the year. Trekking to Mardi Himal Base Camp from December to February is also favorable as the sky is clear but it can get very cold and the trails often get close due to snowfall.
Trekking during Monsoon(May to June) is better as the weather is warm and flowers start to bloom and green leaves just appear which makes the trekkers more exciting.
June to Mid September is when the monsoon season starts so, Mardi Himal Trek during this time is less popular because of the risk of downpours and leeches increases. If you walk willingly to trek during the monsoon you are suggested to wear trekking trousers and mosquito and leeches repellent spray.
Are You Fit For Mardi Himal Trek?
We compulsorily do not recommend any fitness for doing Mardi Himal Trek. However, you have to be the necessary fit for going off the beaten path. Any traveler willing to explore mountains and who can walk around 5 hours per day can do Mardi Himal Base Camp Trek. There is no direct climbing involved but you need to climb some rocky section near and high in Mardi Himal.
Why Mardi Himal Trek Is Different?
Mardi Himal Trek is a newly discovered trek to the base camp of Mardi Himal. The TAAN introduce and give permission to this amazing tourist destination only in 2012. This trek allows you for a majestic view of Fish Tail mountain and other ranges of the Annapurna Region. It is Off Beaten Trails through the ridge of Mardi Khola And Modi Khola where you can experience every aspect of foot trails like custom, culture, tradition, and lifestyle of locals.
Mardi Himal Trek Cost:
Mardi Himal Trek Cost is the most asked question by many travelers. The cost depends upon the type of accommodation, transportation, and service of the trekking company. The cost varies from USD 750 To USD 950 depending upon the trek duration. The Mardi Himal Trek cost may be far less depending upon the volume of travelers traveling in a group. The trekkers and guide cost may be reduced if 5-10 persons travel at the same time whereas the cost may slightly increase if you are a single traveler and if you need more guides and porters with you. We have a different tour plan according to your budget. Standard and deluxe tour plans and group sizes may vary the cost. Trekking flight to Pokhara and helicopter charter to the base camp of Mardi Himal will higher the estimated budget.
What is included in the price
- Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & drop by private tourist vehicle
- 02 Nights Twin sharing 3-Star accommodation in Kathmandu And 3-Star accommodation in Pokhara twin Sharing.); Breakfast included
- All your standard Meals during the trek (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner)
- Standard Guest House accommodation while in trekking time on a twin-sharing basis
- Both way transportation for Kathmandu-Pokhara-Kathmandu by Tourist Bus
- Well, English-speaking Government License Holder Experienced Trek leader/Guide
- Porters to carry your bags(1 porter for 2 guests)
- Food, Accommodation, salary, insurance, and equipment are for all staff
- Free Mount Glory Duffel, and Tshirt
- Annapurna Conservation Area Permits and TIMS for trekking
- All government, hotel, and other applicable taxes
- Farewell dinner in typical Nepali Restaurant with cultural dance show
- Trip Completion Certificate And Token Of Love
- Official expenses
What is not included in the price
- International Airfare and taxes
- Travel insurance covers emergency Rescue and Evacuation
- Nepal entry visa(visa is obtained in Nepal Airport immigration on arrival.USD 25 per visa for 15 days, USD 40 per visa for 30 days, and USD 100 per visa for 90 days. All the visas are multiple entry *visas. please carry 02 passport-sized photographs for the visa
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu And Pokhara
- All items of personal expenses
- Tipping for guides, porters, and drivers( Tipping is expected)
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned in the 'Price Includes' section
You must be physically-able to hike long distances to do this activity.
Best Season: March To May And September To December.
Trip Route: Kathmandu-Pokhara-Kande-Australian Base Camp-Forest Camp-High Camp-Upper View Point-Low Camp-Siding-Lumre-Pokhara-Kathmandu.
This activity is organised by Mount Glory Treks and Expedition, +977 9849856378, firstname.lastname@example.org.
We can guarantee you that this agency was checked by our experts. Your money will be safe then. We sell all activities for the same price as the organising agency.
Do you have a question or need more information about the activity?
You can reach our European office between 9am and 5pm CET on weekdays and between 11am and 5pm on weekends and holidays.
You might also like
Annapurna base camp trek from Kathmandu
Nepal Golden Triangle tour from Kathmandu
Everest base camp trek from Kathmandu
Manaslu Circuit trek from Kathmandu
From our partners
Private guide in your phone
Just walk, listen and discover more with free self-guided audio-tours to must-see places and hidden gems in 300 destinations.
Flights, hotels, holidays
Find your cheap flight ticket, book your accommodation and enjoy your holiday full of experiences worldwide.
Trip Planning App
Authentic travel available to all. Worldee is the world's largest database of quality itineraries, created by travelers for travelers.
Private door-to-door transfers
The most convenient way to travel between cities. Enjoy door-to-door service with an English-speaking driver and sightseeing stops on the way.
5 people are watching this activity
Pick your dates and book it now!