Private tour of Karlštejn Castle from Prague
- Explore one of the most visited castles in the Czech Republic
- Learn about the most famous king of the country, Charles IV
- Enjoy a walk through the picturesque village of Karlšejn
All about the trip
After leaving Prague we’ll drive through the Czech countryside called Český Kras. It’s a protected natural area surrounded by deep woods and the river Berounka. Your guide will explain to you the history of the castle and you will talk about King Charles IV who built the castle in 1348.
You’ll stop at the Karlštejn village and then walk up the hill to the castle. We will arrange a tour of the castle interiors of your choice. There will be a short free time after visiting the castle interiors. The village itself is very cute with some little souvenir shops and cafés.
After the free time, you will head back to Prague.
Please note that for the castle interiors the reservation needs to be done in advance.
This trip can be also organized without visiting the castle interiors.What Wikipedia says about Karlštejn
What is included in the price
- Pick-up and drop-off in Prague
- Private driver and car
- English-speaking tour guide
What is not included in the price
- Food and beverages
- Personal expenses
- Royal Circle No. 1
- (includes – Great hall, the audience chamber, private rooms of King Charles IV and his wife)
- 330 CZK adults
- 230 CZK students
- 1.4. - 22.11. open daily except for Monday
- 23.11. – 20.12. Friday to Sunday
- 26.12. – 10.1. Tuesday to Sunday
- Royal Circle No. 2
- (includes – Imperial palace, Chapel of St. Catherine, Church of Our Lady, Chapel of the Holy Cross – decorated with 2000 semi-precious stones and paintings from the14th century)
- 780 CZK adults
- 540 CZK students
- Open from May till 1st November only, reservation necessary 30 CZK per person.
- Opening times and admission fees may change without prior notice.
This activity is organised by Praguexplorer firstname.lastname@example.org.
We can guarantee you that this agency was checked by our experts. Your money will be safe then. We sell all activities for the same price as the organising agency.
Do you have a question or need more information about the activity?
You can reach our European office between 9am and 5pm CET on weekdays and between 11am and 5pm on weekends and holidays.
You might also like
Private hot air balloon flight for 2 from Prague
1-hour quad ride near Prague
Canoeing or rafting on the Sázava River: full-day trip
Trip to Karlstejn Castle with a visit to Czech glassworks
From our partners
Private guide in your phone
Just walk, listen and discover more with free self-guided audio-tours to must-see places and hidden gems in 300 destinations.
Flights, hotels, holidays
Find your cheap flight ticket, book your accommodation and enjoy your holiday full of experiences worldwide.
Trip Planning App
Authentic travel available to all. Worldee is the world's largest database of quality itineraries, created by travelers for travelers.
Private door-to-door transfers
The most convenient way to travel between cities. Enjoy door-to-door service with an English-speaking driver and sightseeing stops on the way.
42 people are watching this activity
Pick your dates and book it now!