Rila Monastery and the Magical Stob Pyramids from Bansko
Sorry, we don't offer activity at this time. If you send us your e-mail, we will be happy to inform you as soon as we relaunched it.
Alternatively, you can inquire directly with the provider of this experience.More information
- Travel at your own pace, stop whenever you want, stay how long you like
- Travel by our luxury car or minivan (up to 8 pers.)
- Detailed map, GPS coordinates, audio guides + videos, excess kilometrage, entry tickets, restaurant reservations and vouchers which offer a la carte choice
- Upon request, we can bring a tablet with internet for better visual effect and a tablet holder and charger
- Coordinates are pre-defined, including exact parking places
- Tickets for entrances are reserved and provided
- Audio/video guide, enough to the point information but listening at any time convenient, as many times you like
- The car is all-inclusive. All-risk insurance included, no separately renting or filling up the tank
- After car delivery, you can leave at any time convenient, no waiting for busses or passing other hotels to pick up guests
- 24/7 support
All about the trip
Enjoy the top Bulgarian landmark – Rila monastery with our self-drive audio guided tour from Bansko with all-inclusive car and services. We will bring your car and all needed documents and vouchers personally to your hotel in Bansko and you will be ready to explore Bulgaria on your own.
This self guided tour from Bansko will bring you from the magical Stob Pyramids to the Rila Monastery and the city Blagoevgrad.
Start your self guided adventure from your accommodation in Bansko at a convenient time.
Drive 69 km to the Stob Pyramids
The self drive tour continues through the western Rila Mountains where you can see from far the dramatic rock pinnacles known as Stob’s Earth Pyramids. Wander through the pure nature to reach the highest point and admire the colourful fairy-tale formations.
Drive 27 km to the Rila Monastery
After the visit to the Stob pyramids our self guided tour from Bansko will take you to the most amazing landmark in Bulgaria – the Rila Monastery, nestled in the Rila Mountains offering beautiful scenery, full of energy. The Rila monastery is listed on the UNESCO list of world heritage and it is a place where all of the Bulgaria Spirit comes together and where nature meets religion. You will have the opportunity to enter the monastery museum and visit the Rila monastery kitchen and explore the life of the monks.
Drive 41 km to Blagoevgrad Old Town
The last place included in our self guided tour to Rila monastery is the city of Blagoevgrad. Well preserved houses of the Bulgarian Revival are surrounded by narrow cobbled streets. The romantic atmosphere is completed with traditional restaurants and galleries.
Drive 60 km back to Bansko
After you visit all landmarks included in our self drive tour to Rila monastery you will drive back to your accommodation in Bansko.
What is included in the price
- All inclusive private transportation
- Audio and video guide
- Detailed map and GPS coordinates
- Voucher for “A la Carte” Menu
- Entry/Admission – the museum of Mining , Pernik
- Entry/Admission – Rila Monastery Parking fee
What is not included in the price
- Personal Expenses
- Parking fees
Do you have a question or need more information about the activity?
You can reach our European office between 9am and 5pm CET on weekdays and between 11am and 5pm on weekends and holidays.
You might also like
Day trip to Rila Monastery from Plovdiv
Tour to Rila Monastery and Boyana Church from Sofia
Tour around the Seven Rila Lakes in Rila mountains
Velingrad spa resort, Tsepina Fortress and Pliocene
From our partners
Private guide in your phone
Just walk, listen and discover more with free self-guided audio-tours to must-see places and hidden gems in 300 destinations.
Flights, hotels, holidays
Find your cheap flight ticket, book your accommodation and enjoy your holiday full of experiences worldwide.
Trip Planning App
Authentic travel available to all. Worldee is the world's largest database of quality itineraries, created by travelers for travelers.
Private door-to-door transfers
The most convenient way to travel between cities. Enjoy door-to-door service with an English-speaking driver and sightseeing stops on the way.
47 people are watching this activity
Pick your dates and book it now!