Private Skopje walking tour
Sorry, we don't offer activity at this time. If you send us your e-mail, we will be happy to inform you as soon as we relaunched it.
- Gate Macedonia and the main square in Skopje
- The Fountain and the sculpture of The Warrior on Horse representing Alexander the Great
- Memorial house of Mother Teresa
- The Stone bridge – a symbol of Skopje
- The Old Skopje Bazaar with its unique architecture and craftsman shops
- Church of St Spas
- Skopje Fortress Kale
All about the trip
This tour explores Skopje city center accompanied by our experienced and professional tour guide.
The city’s origin can be traced back to the ancient city of Skupi, located 7 km northwest from today’s town. It was and it is settled on the roads that united Western and Eastern civilization, on the roads trodden by conquerors, believers, merchants. Because of its geographical position at important crossroads, Skupi assumed a special role in the Roman Empire. Christianization spread to Skupi very early – it had an organized church since the time of Constantine I. Till the end of the 13th century, Skopje was a part of different kingdoms and empires. In 1392 Skopje became a part of the big Ottoman empire and as a crossroad of important Balkan routes connecting Europe and Asia, the city became increasingly important to the Turks as a base for their further conquests. Ottoman rule has left many signs and monuments in Skopje. Today Skopje is the biggest cultural, economic and trade center in Macedonia.
What is included in the price
- Experienced English speaking local tour guide
- Visit inside to Kale fortress, Church of St. Spas and Mother Teresa memorial house, including entrance fees
What is not included in the price
- Transportation is not included on this tour,
- Optional inside visits (could be required and paid in advance)
- Guide on other language than English - supplement may apply)
- Gratuities for the driver / guide (not mandatory)
- Personal travel spends
Please dress according to local weather conditions.
Child price is valid when accompanied by two adults.
Do you have a question or need more information about the activity?
You can reach our European office between 9am and 5pm CET on weekdays and between 11am and 5pm on weekends and holidays.
You might also like
Kosovo and Macedonia tour from Skopje
Weekend in Skopje
Great Balkan Adventure from Skopje to Tirana
Skopje walking tour and Matka valley
From our partners
Private guide in your phone
Just walk, listen and discover more with free self-guided audio-tours to must-see places and hidden gems in 300 destinations.
Flights, hotels, holidays
Find your cheap flight ticket, book your accommodation and enjoy your holiday full of experiences worldwide.
Trip Planning App
Authentic travel available to all. Worldee is the world's largest database of quality itineraries, created by travelers for travelers.
Private door-to-door transfers
The most convenient way to travel between cities. Enjoy door-to-door service with an English-speaking driver and sightseeing stops on the way.
29 people are watching this activity
Pick your dates and book it now!